Qualifications of Lauren Antonucci
- Bachelor of Science in Psychobiology from Bingham University
- Graduate Fellowship in Nutritional Biochemistry, University of California - Berkeley
- Master's of Science in Nutrition and Food Studies, New York University
- Registered Dietitian (R.D.)
- Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (C.S.S.D.)
- NY State Licensed Certified Dietitian Nutritionist (C.D.N.)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (C.D.E.)
- American Dietetic Association (Active Member)
- American Dietetic Association Sports Nutritionist (SCAN) Practice-Group (Active Member)
- Weight Loss and Disease Prevention
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Sports Performance
- Testing Services
- Eating Disorders
- Women's Health
- American Dietetic Association
- American Dietetic Association Sports Nutritionist
- Weight Management
- Eating Disorders
- Diabetes and Gestational Diabetes
- Medical Nutrition Therapy for Heart Disease, High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (IBS, Celiac Disease, Crohns)
- Food Allergies
- Sports Performance
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Medicare (Patients with Medicare are covered for those diagnosed with Diabetes or Kidney Disease only)
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics
- New York State Licensed Certified Dietitian Nutritionist
- Certified Diabetes Educator
Thank you for choosing Lauren Antonucci's practice.
Lauren is the owner/director of Nutrition Energy and combines her experience as a Clinical Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator, Certified Sports Dietitian and athlete to lead the Nutrition Energy team. She provides comprehensive nutrition therapy and personalized nutrition planning for individuals. She also travels around New York and the country, leadingnutrition clinics and lectures for a variety of small and large groups.
Lauren is and expert on both weight loss and diabetes, and speaks frequently on both topics for both professional organizations (GNYDA, ACSM) as well as corporations/wellness services. She also serves as a nutrition consultant to the New York Road Runners and is a member of the ING NYC Marathon nutrition team. She is also a member of the Gatorade Sports Science Institute sports nutrition network. Lauren consults for the New York City Chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team In Training marathon, triathlon and cyclingprograms, the NYRR Team for Kids marathon team, the Galloway NYC marathon team and the Asphalt Green Triathlon Club. As an expert speaker, Lauren has presented nutrition clinics on diabetes, weight management, health and sports performance nutrition to the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), the Greater New York Dietetic Association (GNYDA), New York University Athletics, Columbia University Athletics, the New York Cornell Medical School, St. Johns University Athletics, and the New York Road Runners/ING NYC Marathon. She has also led nutrition lectures for the NIKE Running Club NYC, the MORE Marathon, the AVON Breast Cancer 3-Day, the TRILife Triathlon Team, the Chelsea Piers Sports Club, GSSI/Runners World, and the Terrier Tri Team.
A well respected and nationally requested nutrition and fitness expert, Lauren is often contacted to consult with the media about the latest health and nutrition trends. She is frequently highlighted on Channel One News, Weekend Today (NBC), The Weather Channel, Fox 5 and more.
Lauren has served as a nutrition expert and writer for nationally-acclaimed magazines including Fitness, Her Sports, New York Runner and MetroSports, NY. You can also find her nutrition advice in publications such as Time Out New YorkTONY Kids, the New York Times, Runner’s World, SELF and Diabetes Self-Management magazines, as well as online at Active.com, HerSports and IronmanLive.com. Lauren also served as a nutrition expert for the SELF weight loss challenge forum and the NYRR online marathon forum and several online nutrition and health blogs.
Published in numerous articles regarding nutritional topics from diabetes to weight loss during training to the health benefits of chocolate, Lauren is accustomed to being asked for her healthy eating and living advice. Prior to opening Nutrition Energy, Lauren worked as a Clinical Nutritionist and Diabetes Nutrition Educator for five years at the New York Presbyterian Hospital.
"Diets" do not work, and there is no magic pill or cookie-cutter plan that works for everyone. By focusing on the positive aspects of nutrition for health management, weight control and athletic performance, and by making good food choices an accessible part of daily life, Lauren will help you to achieve your goals without deprivation or the elimination of entire food groups. All foods can fit into a healthy lifestyle and meal plan, including fresh fruit, carrots, grilled chicken, whole grains, ice cream, chocolate or your personal favorite treat.