Qualifications of Dr. Jane Algus
- Medical School - New York Medical College
- SUNY, Binghampton
- New York University Elaine A. and Kenneth G. Langone Medical Center, Residency in Psychiatry
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Fellowship in Psychiatry
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy/Psychoanalysis
- Short-Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions
- Job Dissatisfaction/Workplace Ambition
- Medical Illness
- Life/Lifestyle Transitions
- Other Life Stressors
American Cancer Society Clinical Oncology Fellowship
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Generalized Anxiety
- Social Phobia
- Post Dramatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Attacks and Panic Disorder
- This Doctor is not in any insurance networks
American Psychoanalytic Association
New York Psychoanalytic Institute and Society
American Psychiatric Association
Thank you for choosing Dr. Jane Algus' practice.
Manhattan-based psychiatrist and psychoanalyst, Dr. Jane Algus specializes in helping clients cope with life challenges and emotional issues. A medically trained and board-certified psychiatrist, Dr. Algus utilizes a compassionate, individualized, and integrative approach to patient care.
Dr. Algus has been in private practice since 2000, and currently sees clients at her Midtown Manhattan office. She is on the faculty of New York University Medical Center, where she is Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, and at Lenox Hill Hospital, where she teaches and supervises residents in psychotherapy and psychiatry.
Dr. Algus graduated from the residency program in Psychiatry at NYU Medical Center in 1990 and later completed a two-year fellowship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in Consultation/Liaison Psychiatry, where she was chief fellow and received a grant from the American Cancer Society.
In 2005, Dr. Algus completed her psychoanalytic training at the New York Psychoanalytic Institute and Society, where she is presently on faculty. She is also on the faculty of the Institute for Psychoanalytic Education, which is affiliated with NYU Medical Center.