Qualifications of Dr. Chloe Carmichael
- Doctorate in Philosophy in Clinical Psychology: Long Island University, Brooklyn NY
- Masters of Arts in Psychology: Long Island University, Brooklyn NY
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology: Columbia University, NY
Awards & Publications
- Department Honor in Psychology: Columbia University
- Summa Cum Laude Recipient
- Carmichael, C., Castro-Blanco, D. (March, 2008). Regulatory focus and anxiety. Anxiety Disorders Association of America, Savannah, Georgia.
- Carmichael, C., Castro-Blanco, D. (March, 2008). Regulatory focus and anxiety. Society for Personality Assessment, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- American Psychological Association
- Co-chair New York Junior League
- Anger Management
Couple or Marital Issues
- Out of Network benefits for most major insurances
Certified yoga teacher since 2001
Dr. Chloe is a licensed clinical psychologist who heads a successful private practice with multiple offices in New York City that focus primarily on relationship issues, stress management, and career coaching. Serving more than 1,000 patients in Manhattan, Dr. Chloe leverages technology with psychology to expand her counseling services across the country through online private and group sessions.
While a doctoral student, Dr. Chloe presented a project at the Anxiety Disorder Association of America and continues to be a thought leader in anxiety treatment today. She has taught stress management techniques at Fortune 500 companies and launched an online anxiety treatment program, AnxietyTools.com, which has users throughout the United States and around the world. Her holistic approach integrates both the science and meditation sides of anxiety treatment.
Dr. Chloe holds a master’s degree and Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Long Island University and graduated Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude, with a bachelor’s degree and departmental honors in psychology from Columbia University in New York. She completed her clinical training at Lenox Hill Hospital and Kings County Hospital. Dr. Chloe continues to teach undergraduate courses at Long Island University and serves as adjunct faculty at the City University of New York. Dr. Chloe is a member in good standing of the American Psychological Association and the National Register of Health Psychologists, an elite membership for psychologists with the highest standards of education and board scores.