Qualifications of Dr. Armin Tehrany
- Medical School - New York University
- Lenox Hill Hospital, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine, Fellowship in Advanced Arthroscopic Surgery
- Harvard University, Children's Hospital Boston (Pediatric Orthopedics)
- Hospital for Special Surgery (Basic and Clinical Research)
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
The Mount Sinai Hospital
Awards and Publications
- 2015 New York Magazine Best Doctors
- 2015 New York Times Tops Doctors
- 2015 New York Times Magazine Super Doctors
- NYU Medical Alumni Board of Governors
- Who's Who in the World
- Who's Who in America
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Accepts most major insurances
- Music: Started a rock band with his children at the School of Rock, Manhattan Upper East Side
- Film: Executive Producer upcoming Feature Film "Birth of a Nation"
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Sports Medicine Specialist
Thank you for choosing Dr. Armin Tehrany's practice!
Dr. Armin Tehrany is a highly sought after Orthopedic Surgeon located in the heart of Manhattan. He was recently honored in the June 2015 issue of New York Magazine as one of the "Best Doctors in New York". He operates in a "concierge" style manner, where his patients have come to expect the highest level of service and personalized care. Dr. Tehrany specializes in minimally invasive treatment of the shoulder and knee, including rotator cuff repair and dislocation repair in the shoulder, as well as meniscus and ligament reconstruction in the knee. He believes that treatment of various conditions in the body should include both traditional allopathic and non-allopathic methods, ranging from conservative management to surgical intervention.
Dr. Tehrany is an Assistant Clinical Professor with the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. He is widely published and has presented his research at numerous local, national, and international meetings on topics involving the shoulder, hip, and spine. He is a member of many organizations, and serves on the Board of Directors for the New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons, as well as the Physicians Advisory Board for the New York County Medical Society. His current interests involve the development of minimally invasive techniques in the management of shoulder and cartilage disorders. His orthopaedic research interests began at the Hospital for Special Surgery where he first published work on cartilage metabolism in 1993. He currently serves as a journal peer reviewer for Arthroscopy: the Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery.
A native of New York City, Dr. Tehrany graduated from Polytechnic Preparatory Country Day School in Brooklyn where he currently serves on the Board of Governors. He resides in New York City with his wife, an actress and their two young daughters.