Qualifications of Angela Retano RN, NPP
- New York University, College of Nursing
- Institute for Psychoanalytic Education Affiliated with NYU, Psychoanalytic Candidate
- Board Certified Adult Mental Health and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Certificate in Adult Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
Awards and Publications
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association
- Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association
- The Journal of Trauma, Injury and Critical Care
- Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychoanalytic Association (APsaA)
- Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Service – Peer Review Panel
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA)
- Work Conflict
- Personality Disorders
- Gender Identity
- Life Transitions
Thank you for choosing Angela Retano's practice!
Angela speaks from both personal and professional experience. Good psychotherapy can be extremely effective and life changing. She is an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse with Prescriptive Privilege. She specializes in helping people with psychological challenges related to depression, anxiety, feelings of low self-esteem, confusion around gender identity, relationship difficulties, and career uncertainty.
Conveniently located near Union Square, Ms. Retano assists individuals in understanding and eliminating conflicts that get in the way of living happy and productive lives.
Access to quality psychotherapy in New York City can be difficult. Traditional, effective and life changing psychodynamic approaches, grounded in analytic theory and practice, are often pushed aside for less effective approaches, advertised as quick fixes.
However, her years in working in the field of mental health have taught her that these treatments are only short-term solutions. Understanding how your mind works affords you the opportunity to feel better and reach your full potential!